Garlic Spaghetti and cheese make us happy…
You have to try this garlic spaghetti that’s made with love and tastes amazing. Spaghetti is delicious, garlic is delicious, so combine the two and create something that is well worth making your mouth water. Give this recipe a chance and you will not be disappointed.
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil (tip: use regular olive oil, extra virgin olive oil may be a bit too strong)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or less if you do not like your dish spicy
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (the chef recommends Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- For a richer dish add 1 tablespoon of butter, as you toss with cheese.
- Add sliced Portabella mushrooms for a meaty flavor, while keeping it vegetarian.
- DO NOT RINSE THE SPAGHETTI (if you rinse the spaghetti it will lose it’s flavor and not stick to the sauce)
- Salt your pasta water. Salting the pasta water is the only chance you will have to actually season the pasta itself. Generally, I salt pasta water with a couple pinches of salt. However, do not overdue it, because your cheese will also bring a salt component.
- Do not burn your garlic, just slightly brown it. If you burn your garlic it will take on a bitter taste and could ruin your dish.
Now that we’ve gotten that out the way, watch and let us know how this recipe worked for you.