Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup…
When I woke up this morning, I did not feel the best. My nose was a little stuffy and my throat felt very itchy. I knew in a matter of time, the dreadful summer cold was going to hit me. So here I am now feeling quite sick, and trying to figure out what I am going to make. Sometimes I do not have not much of an appetite because I don’t feel like cooking and cleaning up the mess. I thought well why not go ahead make some homemade chicken noodle soup to lift my spirits up.
When we are sick, it is important to get rest because our bodies need to recuperate in order for us to get better. This brought me to wanting to find a recipe that required very little effort because I’m simply not feeling well. I do not want to spend a lot of time chopping and cutting up everything; then having a ton of dishes to do. I also needed a recipe that can cook while I rested and when I came across this video, I thought I’d go ahead and share it. So I pulled out my crock pot and placed everything in it and let it do all of the work while I
stayed under my blanket to keep warm.
If you are feeling under the weather as well, check out the video below and I hope that you give this recipe a try. I will tell you right now, my home is smelling great and my soup is almost done! If you do make this soup, you can cook it on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Purchase some celery, carrots, and an onion.
- Rinse off your celery and carrots and then cut them up along with the onion.
- Place all vegetables in a freezer bag and freeze them.
This will minimize the cutting time when you are preparing this soup recipe.
- Crock pot or a slow cooker
- Minced onion (I actually prefer 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 and 1 half carton of chicken broth
- 3 chicken breasts
- Your choice of spices including: salt, pepper, and rosemary. (I also add some minced garlic and seasoning salt)
- Egg noodles
- Optional you can add some fresh parsley on top to garnish.