I Dare You To Live Off-Grid…
Off-grid living has shown itself to be very popular among individuals who want to disconnect from the chaos of society, leave behind social media and save money simultaneously. This way of living has actually found itself on many people’s bucket list. They want the ability to say they have experienced survival without the aid of modern technology, it is almost as if they are fulfilling a lifelong goal they may have never realized they had.
If this is something you want to try, be open to advice from those who have done it or are currently living off-grid. They have much more information on the topic, they know the do’s and don’ts, as well as pitfalls that can be avoided.
Below are some helpful tips that can put you and your family on the right path from the beginning, allowing you to enjoy your off-grid living, while maneuvering around common missteps. Here is a list of those things you should watch out for and a video that accompanies it from Fouch-o-matic Off Grid, giving you directions necessary for starting out on the right foot.
Keep in mind, a lot of the tips below seem simple, but do not let your eyes deceive you. Do not judge this list based on what you read, be sure to watch the video below because the narrators will expound on each topic with great detail and break things down in a way that will prove very helpful. Check out the written list and video below.
- Solar power is easier than you think
- Plants cannot grow without the help of soil (this may seem obvious, but it’s a common mistake)
- Water runs downhill
- Carrying water is a lot more difficult than you think
- Be prepared for your batteries running out
- Bears like trash and they will be enticed by yours
- Firewood is a ridiculous amount of work
- Yurts perform better with cold weather than hot weather
- In most cases, temporary is longer than you assume
- Give yourself more credit, you can do things you didn’t know you were capable of