Popcorn is a delicious and a healthy snack that you can make fresh at home and if you add truffles and Parmesan, then you might be in Heaven. The smell of it popping is absolutely divine, even people who do not like the taste of popcorn acknowledge the mouth watering scent. The crunch is great, the flavor is fabulous, the only issue one could have is the little kernels that get stuck in your teeth (just brush your teeth after eating) and the horrible smell when it burns (stop it from cooking when the popping slows down, that will keep it from burning). Hope that helps.
We are definitely big time snack-food lovers, so we couldn’t resist bringing you this delicious recipe.
Here is what you will need to make your quick popcorn treat:
- 1/3 cup black jewell popcorn kernels
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil or extra virgin olive oil (just to coat bottom or your pan)
- 1 or 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Grated Parmesan
- White truffle oil (small drizzle)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper (to add a little kick)
The creator of this great video is a site called the hungry winos and they have a lot of great recipes, so be sure to check them out.