Spicy Italian Sausage Video Recipe…
BBQ season is upon us and nothing is better than a spicy Italian sausage. The aroma may hit you right away, but the taste will knock you off your feet. It’s a delicious blend of flavors with a kick that’s perfect year round.
If you choose not to grill this particular sausage, know that you can boil or pan-sear it instead. It would also maintain great flavor in a multitude of pasta dishes or it could be eaten as sausage & peppers. Do not be afraid of the heat either, even if you are not into spicy food you could always prepare this and leave the spices out of it.
Whether you want to devour this dish by itself or pair it with a bun, the possibilities are endless and you will be happy you gave it shot. Here all the ingredients you need to make this spicy Italian sausage recipe for you and your family. Get ready for a party in your mouth.
- 3 pounds well-marbled pork butt, cut into 1″ inch pieces then grind
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground anise
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine (I used red wine vinager)
- 1/8 tsp Oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/8 thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted fennel seeds
- 2 tsp red pepper seeds
- Pork casings were used in this recipe, but they are optional. Use any sort of casing you would like.
If you do not already have one, we have found a few sausage grinders, as well as sausage stuffers. Go ahead and check those out and choose which would be the best fit for you.
Thanks to emoneyblue, the video below gives the full instructions from start to finish on how to make this hearty meat recipe, give it a watch and let us know how it worked for you!
Enjoy our BBQ Series where we provide other great recipes that will keep your stomach and taste buds happy…