Design That Tiny House Exactly How You Want…
A tiny house is not everyone’s forte, but it is an attractive idea for some. Especially, if you are looking to go green, reduce your carbon footprint (which you can calculate here), save on utility bills or just have a cozier residence. Designing a tiny house seems like an easy task, but not so fast. The smaller the home, sometimes the harder it is to decorate. You have to figure out what can fit in the house, what would take up too much space, create extra storage and make sure that the set up gives residents & visitors a good amount of personal space. And that’s a tall order, pun intended.
That’s why you should go ahead and look over these quick steps to putting your tiny house on a path to be as functional and comfortable as you envision. Don’t be afraid, jump right in!
Here are some of the most helpful tiny tips:
- Try using locally sourced materials, it could save you money and be good for your local economy
- If you live in a colder climate be sure your home is well insulated, that will also help to cut costs on utility bills
- Air exchange vents and non-toxic paint will be great for the air quality
- Use tables that can easily fold, as well as pull-out couches/sofas to maximize space
- Scope out all the nooks and crannies in the house to use for added storage, storage bins are easy to find
- Use large windows to help bring in natural light
Be sure to view Exploring Alternatives’ website for even more info. Check out the video below and let us know what you think in the comment section….
Hopefully, this video will be advantageous in the designing of your dream home.
Remember, these same ideas could be used for a larger home as well, it’s up to you to decide what to do with the knowledge you have gained. Happy decorating!!!