Vegan Friendly Caesar Salad w/ Homemade Dressing…
Caesar salad’s are certainly tasty if they are made properly. This simple recipe below with the video provided will show those who are vegan, how to make the best Caesar salad with homemade Caesar dressing. Even if you are not necessarily a vegan, this creation looks so good that it is almost worth trying! When I found this recipe, I got very excited to share it, because you can make your own gluten-free croutons and parmesan cheese from scratch as well!
Though I am not a vegan, I love a basic Caesar salad and will be sampling this dish very soon. Much thanks to Olga, the creator Fablunch for sharing this recipe and many others via YouTube. It has completely opened up my eyes to recipes that I cannot wait to try in the near future.
In the video below, this dish has 4 different components in order to bring everything together; so there is very little prep work involved. So let’s go ahead and start breaking down how to prepare this healthy salad.
Homemade Gluten-free Croutons
- Salt (optional)
- 2 Cups of gluten-free bread of your choice, cubed
- 1/2 Teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil (or your favorite light flavored oil)
- 1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1 Cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Food processor
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 Cup of your choice of Vegan mayo
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of your choice Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 Heads of organic Roman lettuce
Quick tip: If you are not much of a fan of Roman lettuce, try Spinach leaves or Kale instead!
Please visit Fablunch’s website for the directions to this recipe! In the meantime, check out this video to see exactly how it is put together. Enjoy!